Sunday, February 5, 2012

Winter Tasks

During the colder months, there is a bunch of tasks I have to accomplish in my backyard operation to prepare for the upcoming growing season. I've been chipping away at it here and there, but still have a few things to get done. Here is a list of general maintenance required each year:

* Yearly chicken coop clean out
* Prune all dormant grape vines
* Prune Blackberries
* Clear hops vines off of posts
* Turn compost pile
* Amend soil for upcoming season

This year I'm also planning a chicken coop remodel, it's something that I've never really done, and have never been 100% happy with it. I plan to put interior walls inside and move away from the make shift roosts and nesting boxes to something a little more solid and better designed.

That is all for now, hope everyone enjoys the Superbowl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment