Saturday, January 28, 2012

Upcoming changes...

This is the first year in the last four that I will not be purchasing any new vines to put into the ground, I suppose that is a good thing. I believe I've maximized what I can get out of the space that I am willing to put to the grape vines, now I'm ready to keep babying the vines that I have and enjoy a couple harvests. I have decided to uproot the climbing wire for the beans, remove the raised beds, and just use it as a tillable area. I can't find any advantage with the beds and therefore have chosen to remove them. The Black raspberry bush is also soon to be history, while it is a prolific grower, it doesn't put off nearly any berries, and the ones that it does produce, aren't really worth a shit anyway. The space that I've reclaimed from the massive blackberry bush will be used as additional blackberry growing area. The blackberries are doing quite nicely and have earned some expansion space in the garden. The blackberries produced are delicious.

Is anyone else buying any new vines out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment