Saturday, February 18, 2012

To hell with raised beds

While I do like the way a raised bed looks in the garden, that is the only thing I've found of value that they provide.

I'm making the switch from beds and going back to a simple dirt tilled garden for my vegetables. I gave it a good run, but ultimately it seems to just be an unnecessary process, the soil will still be fertile and controlled, yet the maintenance and trimming around each bed will be eliminated. My theory in life is that things should be as simple as possible whenever applicable, and if a more complicated process does not provide enough value added, it's time to kick it to the curb and move on.

If anyone has a compelling reason to keep these beds, speak now or forever hold your blog comments.

Have a great weekend!!!!!!


Update: Here is a good read from another Ohio farmer that doesn't like raised beds

No comments:

Post a Comment