Thursday, January 27, 2011

Planting a small backyard vineyard

If you have thought about planting a small vineyard in your backyard, you should understand that it doesn't take 50 rows of vines to make good wine. You can have a bottle of wine to drink every weekend of the year with just a dozen vines.


If you are to order vines to plant this spring, I'd recommend Double A vineyards. I have ordered vines from several other online stores and the roots are not even close to what you get with Double A, these plants are very healthy. Once by mistake, I entered the wrong zip code into my online order for the last batch of grapes purchased which resulted in them being stuck over the weekend in a warehouse. Fortunately, they were packaged so well that virtually no damage was done to the vines. I thought that was pretty damn impressive, I was sure the vines were toast.

Feel free to email me for any questions you have, I love talking vines.

No comments:

Post a Comment