Monday, May 9, 2011

Vertical Climbing Plants on a Grape Arbor

Update: I've noticed this post has been getting some hits, so I tried pulling the photos from Google image caches and salvaged what I could. These were lost during the great google+ mishap of 2011.

I built this simple arbor for the climbing plants that we grow. The total cost was around 150 bucks, but the concrete was leftover from another project and didn't need purchased. Each of the 4 posts that hold it up have a vertical plant growing up it. The goal is that the Riesling grape vine will cover the top of the arbor and provide a natural canopy for shade. I am considering putting a swing or hammock under neath of it, if my wife is reading this: I want a hammock.

2 - Cascade Hops
1 - Riesling Grape Vine
1 - Purple Climbing Clematis


Photos of my Pergola, early season growth stage.




Clematis growing up a leg I put a fence on

Hops climbing some rope

Side view of my simple Pergola


























No comments:

Post a Comment